Jan 20, 2009

An American in Croatia


My name is Jay Ternavan, I am originally from New York but have been living for the past eight years in Europe. During this time I have had the pleasure of getting to know the incredible country of Croatia.

Since my first trip to Dubrovnik and Hvar more than five years ago I have returned to Croatia each year discovering the other fascinating parts of this wonderful place. It was my visits to Croatia that inspired me to start my travel company known as JayWay Travel. We specialize in travel to Croatia and the rest of Eastern Europe.

To get my business started in Croatia I decided it would be best for me to live there in order to become an expert on the country and pass my knowledge on to my guests. I based myself in Dubrovnik living directly inside the ancient Old Town city walls. This was an incredible time in my life and one I will certainly never forget.

This is my first posting in a series to follow in which I will share my Croatian experiences with you. Hopefully from my stories of the amazing destinations, friendly people, delicious food, interesting culture and my personal travel tips I can help you to prepare for your own incredible journey to Croatia. Please be sure to return soon to enjoy more stories…

No comments: